NEWS: ON OCTOBER 2,2023:
- Eos3.7.3 was release on October 2. The installation method is the same as that of Eos22.214.171.124. See Supplement for Eos126.96.36.199 for details. The new release has improved functionality of traditional fold.
NEWS: ON JULY 18, 2023:
Eos188.8.131.52 was released on July 18, 2023, to cope with Mathematica 13.3 (Japanese Edition).
NEWS: ON JUNE 30, 2023:
Mathematica 13.3 (Japanese Edition) was released on June 29, 2023, by Wolfram Inc. To run Eos3.7.2 on Mathematica 13.3, include the following code in Eosheader.m or in the beginning of your Eos Session:
We plan to change the Eos system code to avoid the message caused by function Detif On[Det::luc]. It is ON by default in Mathematica 13.3.
News: June 26, 2023
Since the current version of Eos184.108.40.206 expires at the end of June, a new version Eos3.7.2 will be released on June 25, 2023 (JST)
E-Origami System Eos
Origami, the art of paper folding, has attracted people’s minds for its beauty and utility in everyday life. Origami has also been the scope of mathematical studies. The folding operations are simple, and easily realized by hand, but powerful enough to solve cubic equations. Origami is regarded as a powerful geometrical tool that allows constructions that classical Euclidean tools could not make.
The computational origami system Eos is designed to study the mathematical aspects of paper folds. It includes capabilities of modeling fold operations by algebraic and symbolic methods, computer simulation of origami construction, and proof of the correctness of the constructed origami. Eos is developed by members of Symbolic Computation Research Group (SCORE), department of computer science of the University of Tsukuba.
- Eos3.32 was released on March 23, 2021. It runs on Mathematica 12.2.
- Eos3.4 was released on May 6, 2021. It runs on Mathematica 12.2.
- Eos3.5 was released on January 20, 2022. It runs on Mathematica 13.
- Eos3.6 was released on July 19, 2022. It runs on Mathematica 13.
- Eos3.7 was released on December 16, 2022. It runs on Mathematica 13.1.
- Eos3.7.1 which was released on March 17, 2023.
- Eos.3.7.2 was released on June 16, 2023: